Monday 22 October 2012

Basic Post Production Photographic Effects


This is the original image I used. There has been no adjustment made to it.


On this image I used Unsharpen Mask and Auto Colour. To create the Unsharpen Mask effect I went through; filter, sharpen then unsharp mask. I set my radius to 2.2 pixels and the amount to 150%. This added a subtle emphasis to the eyes which create audience identification.

























 Using my brightness and contrast too I put the brightness to -20 and the contrast to 15. To get to the brightness and contrast tools I went to; image, adjustments and Brightness and Contrast. I also used the vignetting tool. To get this I used the elliptical tool and set my feathering to 90 pixels. I then drew a large circle that covered the majority of my image. After I did this I went to select and inverse, then image, adjust, contrast and brightness, then brought the brightness down to -40. It is a subtle change but makes the subject stand out and draws the eye into the lighter sections.  The feathering tool creates a gradiated effect and makes the darkened area smooth and blended.













For this image I desaturated it and added light and darkness with the dodge and burn tool. To get to the desaturation I went into image, adjustments, desaturation. This took out all of the colour and made it back and white. I then used the dodge and burn tools to add a bit of darkness around the edges and a little more lightness around the eyes, this captures the audience’s attention and draws them to the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment